What is ACHIEVA?
ACHIEVA was founded in 1951 by a group of family members who all desired the same thing, to ensure their children with disabilities had the same chances in life that all children should be given. Their commitment helped to establish a nationwide movement that changed the long history of isolation and segregation for both children and adults with disabilities.
Statement of Mission:
ACHIEVA supports and empowers individuals with disabilities and their families.
Statement of Vision:
ACHIEVA envisions a community where disability is a distinction that makes no difference.
Respect: Respect, value and celebrate everyone.
Change: Embrace and drive change toward innovation and inclusive practices.
Ethics: Infuse integrity, ethics and best practices in everything we do.
Team: Inspire, challenge and support each other.
Passion: Demonstrate passion about ACHIEVA’s mission and vision.
ACHIEVA is the only agency of its type in southwestern Pennsylvania that provides lifelong supports. From early intervention therapies, in-home support, to older adult protective services for medically fragile senior citizens, ACHIEVA provides services through the entire life-span. ACHIEVA is a nonprofit parent organization that has comprehensive services and supports and serves thousands of individuals with disabilities and their families each year.
ACHIEVA’s family of organizations include:
- ACHIEVA Support
- ACHIEVA Resource
- ACHIEVA Family Trust
- The Arc of Greater Pittsburgh (serving Allegheny, Beaver and Westmoreland Counties)
ACHIEVA offers the following Supports & Services:
- ACHIEVA Family Trust
- Disability Healthcare Initiative
- Early Intervention
- Employment Supports
- Home Care
- Older Adult Protective Services
- Representative Payee
- Residential Supports
ACHIEVA and its family of organizations are affiliated with The Arc of Pennsylvania and The Arc of the United States.
ACHIEVA Code of Conduct for Employees
- As an employee of ACHIEVA, I understand and accept the following as guiding principles by which I will perform my job responsibilities. I further understand that when I am in doubt about interpretation of my conduct under this code, I should promptly consult with my supervisor.
- Demonstrate respect for and preserve the dignity of consumers and their family members.
- Support the achievement of personal outcomes for the people we support.
- Portray a positive image of ACHIEVA to others outside the Agency.
- Work cooperatively and productively with co-workers and others toward achievement of ACHIEVA’s vision and mission.
- Follow established fiscal procedures to avoid misuse of Agency or consumers’ funds.
- Support ACHIEVA’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including those that prohibit illegal discrimination.
- Devote full work time and attention to duties. Separate personal interests from professional responsibilities in all dealings at work.
- Discuss work concerns or problems calmly and professionally with supervisor or co-workers as appropriate.
- Seek guidance and/or assistance to clarify understanding of job responsibilities.
- Adhere to Agency-wide and job-specific policies and procedures.
- Use Agency property and resources solely for the business purposes of the organization.
- Exercise care in the use of and provide for appropriate security for Agency equipment and property; report malfunctions promptly to responsible party.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters established as confidential by ACHIEVA, including but not limited to confidential information regarding co-workers, consumers, vendors, services and proposed policies or business ventures. Share confidential information only on a legitimate, need-to-know basis and in accordance with applicable legal regulations and ACHIEVA policies.
- Disclose any actual or potential conflict between my personal interests, or those of an immediate or extended family member and my duty to ACHIEVA. Refrain from using personal influence in the making of a contract in which I am a party or stockholder, partner, member, agent, representative, employee or relative of such party. Exercise fairness and objectivity in all dealings with others.
- Upon separation from ACHIEVA, return all Agency materials, including information, equipment and keys.
- Accept no gifts other than those of nominal value from consumers, family members or vendors.
- Perform work duties safely; consider the safety and security of others.